Savor the flavors of the French countryside in the same way as this incredibly simple and delicious prime rib roast. The recipe is a Yummly original created by [Sara Mellas](https://www.yummly.com/dish/author/Sara%20Mellas).
The ingredient of Prime Rib gone Herbes de Provence Crust
- 1 prime rib roast trimmed and tied, 5 1/2-6 1/2 lb.
- black pepper
- 3 tablespoons Herbes de Provence
The instruction how to make Prime Rib gone Herbes de Provence Crust
- Season the prime rib liberally on all sides with salt and black pepper.
- Line a roasting pan with heavy-duty aluminum foil and position a roasting rack inside of it.
- Transfer the prime rib fat side up to the middle of the roasting rack. Using a spoon and clean hands, pat the Herbes de Provence in an even layer over the top surface of the meat. Tent the prime rib loosely with foil, and allow it to stand at room temperature for 1-2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 500u00b0F.
- Remove the foil tent from the prime rib. Roast the prime rib on middle rack of oven for 20 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325u00b0F. Continue roasting the prime rib until the meat reaches an internal temperature of 120-145u00b0F, depending on desired doneness, 75-100 minutes.
- Check to see that prime rib is done. Remove from oven or add time as needed.
- Allow the prime rib to rest on the rack for 15-30 minutes, then transfer to a cutting board and untie. Carve and serve immediately. Refrigerate leftovers up to 5 days or freeze up to 6 months.
Nutritions of Prime Rib gone Herbes de Provence Crustcalories: 5 calories
carbohydrateContent: 2 grams
fiberContent: 1 grams
sodiumContent: 200 milligrams