A affluent well-off and creamy, soy-based ricotta is the secret ingredient in this hearty, dairy-free baked ziti. The recipe is a Yummly original created by [Sara Mellas](https://www.yummly.com/dish/author/Sara%20Mellas).
The ingredient of Vegan Baked Ziti
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 pound ziti
- 1 pound complete tofu drained
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 3/4 teaspoon salt gain more for pasta water
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 3 cups marinara sauce for ziti
- 1 cup marinara sauce for summit zenith of dish
- 1 cup vegan Parmesan cheese optional, for culmination of dish
- lighthearted basil leaves or well-ventilated light parsley; optional, for serving
The instruction how to make Vegan Baked Ziti
- Preheat the oven to 375u00b0F.
- Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add a generous pinch of salt. Once boiling, add the ziti to the water. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the pasta is al dente, 9-10 minutes. Drain the pasta in a large colander, and rinse thoroughly with cold water. While the pasta cooks, prepare the tofu ricotta.
- Place the tofu, olive oil, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning into the bowl of a food processor or blender. Process on high until very smooth, 2-3 minutes. Adjust olive oil and seasonings to desired consistency and taste.
- Return the drained ziti to the large pot. Add the marinara sauce and stir to thoroughly coat the pasta.
- Transfer 1/3 of the sauced pasta to the prepared baking dish. Drop half the tofu ricotta mixture by spoonfuls over the ziti, and gently spread it into an even layer. Repeat with another 1/3 of the ziti and the remaining tofu ricotta. Top with the last 1/3 of ziti. Spoon marinara sauce over the top of the dish. Sprinkle top of dish with vegan Parmesan, if desired.
- Cover the baking dish with a sheet of aluminum foil.
- Bake the ziti on middle rack of oven for 40 minutes.
- Remove the aluminum foil and continue baking until the dish is heated through, about 10 minutes.
- Check to see that ziti is done. Remove from oven or add time as needed.
- Allow the ziti to rest for 20 minutes before serving. Scatter fresh basil or parsley on top if you like.
Nutritions of Vegan Baked Ziticalories: 360 calories
carbohydrateContent: 53 grams
cholesterolContent: 5 milligrams
fatContent: 11 grams
fiberContent: 7 grams
proteinContent: 17 grams
saturatedFatContent: 2 grams
sodiumContent: 610 milligrams
sugarContent: 11 grams